We are here to serve you
Small Claims Court Services Provided by Goodman Paralegal
• Drafting and filing of Claims, Defences and Defendant’s Claims
• Attendance at Pre-Trials / Settlement Conferences
• Preparation and attendance on Motions
• Preparation and attendance at Trials
• Appeals to Divisional Court
Enforcement of Judgments - the recovery of judgments obtained through the courts
• Writs of Seizure and Sale – Land or Personal Property
• Garnishments – bank accounts, wages or other debts
• Judgment Debtor Examinations
• Skip Tracing
• Judgments and Orders from the Landlord and Tenant Board, or other tribunals
We understand that obtaining a judgment is important; but the enforcement of the judgment is the ultimate goal.
About Small Claims Court
The Small Claims Court can handle any action for the payment of
money or the recovery of
possession of property where the amount claimed does not exceed $10,000, excluding
interest and costs such as court fees. This includes the value of all goods that the plaintiff is asking for in total, no matter how many defendants there are.
If the amount of your claim is more than $10,000, you can still choose to use Small Claims Court. However, you will have to give up the amount of money over $10,000, as well as any future right to get this money in any other court.
You cannot divide the amount of money you are claiming into separate cases. You cannot, for
example, divide $10,500 into a $10,000 claim and a $500 claim in order to have the total amount dealt with in two cases.